Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oh, Tannenbaum

The Christmas season has began. We finally got our tree decorated Thursday night, it only sat out without ornaments for a week until we had time to finish it. Lee and I are both at the end of fall semester and very busy finishing papers, projects and studying for finals.
Today we had our first winter snow. Penny has been enjoying it, the malamute in her really comes through when snow is on the ground!

I wanted to share with you my office/quilt room tree. We have two little table top trees that we decorate in our house, one has a popcorn string and ribbon with a few little ornaments, the other I changed up this year. I dug through my scrap bin (I save everything) and tied little pieces of fabric onto the tree. It turned out pretty cute, colorful and was very resourceful. I finished it up with a little tinsel and placed it next to my quilting table. What do you think?
 
My husband loves this time of year. For me it is the runner up to fall. But there definitely is a magically feeling in the air during a peaceful snowfall like today. Happy Holidays!

No comments: