Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Fun

I've been working on the full size Colors of Hope quilt for a Relay For Life auction today. I have all the blocks for the top finished and ready to put it all together. As I was ironing my pieces, two thoughts came to mind...

1. How do you press your seams....open or to the side? I think I like the open seams the best, they look great when quilting, but it sure is time consuming!

2. I think this is my favorite part of quilting. I love pressing the blocks and admiring the fabrics up close! How about you, what is your favorite part of quilting?

Here is the full size quilt on my "design wall." Which is a piece of batting I had left over a few months ago that I pinned on the only open wall space in our office/sewing room (behind the door.)

I used a few scraps from the back of the mini quilt next to the HOPE letters that have a bird next to each; one with the word "strength" the other with the word "faith." I love the way the HOPE letters turned out on this one and I think having it in the upper left area looks fun. Now to sew it and find some material for the back. I wanted to have this done by Wednesday, but there is no way that is happening. Finished it will be 48" by 60", a small lap quilt but still a good size for snuggling on the couch. I hope it raises a lot of money for such a good cause!

No comments: