Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Too many babies!

It seems that everyone around me is either pregnant, or just had a baby within the past year. Right now there are 5 co-workers expecting their first baby. And let me tell you, this girl is afraid to drink the water. :) There is no way I would have time to make all these wonderful ladies a baby quilt in time, although I would love to! So I decided to make them quilted taggie blankets. Start to finish these little guys took me about 1 1/2 hours, I even got to try out pebble quilting on one of them.
It was really fun to do, but a lot of thread went into this technique. I love the way it turned out, maybe with a little more practice I will have the courage to do it on a quilt.
So here are three soft and fun taggie blankets for the most soon to be mommies and their babies, 2 boys and one girl. I am not one to use pink for girls very often, but it sure is fun! The other two are great for the boys, one mom is doing her nursery in a monkey theme, the other is using green and browns.
And the angry Donald toy is for our future baby (a few years from now) my hubby insisted on getting him in Disney World on our honeymoon, Donald is his favorite. :)

No comments: