Monday, October 17, 2011

3 Years Ago

Three years ago, I married my best friend. I often joke with him that someday this will be my future husband. But in reality, Hugh Jackman has nothing on Lee! Lee supports everything that I do. He encourages me to be the best I can be, and pushes me when he knows I can do better. He helps me make sure my head is attached to my shoulders, as well as finding other important things....car keys, shoes, cell phone....  He makes me laugh always, even if his jokes are not funny (which sometimes they really aren't, I shouldn't fuel his ego!).
It has been a wonderful three years, filled with many memories for the two of us to reflect back on and share with our children one day. We have known each other, and been together, for almost 7 years, and I don't want to imagine what a life without him would be like.
So here is to my wonderful husband Lee, and our first three years of marriage. And here is to all of your other halves, may they compliment you and spoil you as much as my husband does me.

Tomorrow we plan to spend the day together: pumpkin patch, lunch, a walk with Penny at the spot we were married and some movies. Then in two weeks we will be seeing Beauty and the Beast at the Lied Center, which mirrors our honeymoon of Disney World three years ago.

And for an update on my Ghastlies, they are still waiting to be quilted. With mid-terms next week, and a few papers due, I will be lucky if they are finished before my Halloween decorations are put back in their totes.

No comments: