Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sentimental Sunday

I am feeling quite sentimental today. Our house is fully decorated for Halloween (sans the Ghastlies quit). Tomorrow we will be greeted by hundreds of children dressed up in costumes knocking on dozens of doors for candy. And today I am listening to Halloween Radio on Pandora, writing papers and not wanting this holiday to end.

Seven years ago today, I met my husband. He was dressed as a male nurse, myself as a Mardi Gras girl caught on Girls Gone Wild. We met at a mutual friend's Halloween party, and we hit it off that night. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved Halloween, it is the one day out of the year you are allowed to play make believe. My mom would always help us put our costumes together, either by visiting Goodwill or making a completely homemade costume. This year, Lee and I didn't have a party to go to, instead we have spent our evenings watching Halloween movies, and tonight we will carve our pumpkins.
Here I am with friends at that party seven years ago. There are several great friends that are not pictured here, in particular the ones that came dressed as Husker fans....after a game, you know who you are.

Right now I am finishing up some homework, and maybe I'll get to quilting this guy. I've decided to leave the decorations up a few more days. We'll be the crazy people in the neighborhood with tombstones in our yard in November. I swear it isn't that I am too busy to put them away, or lazy, I just want to keep Halloween going a few more days.

Here is a look at my table runner I made last year for Halloween. I did this in one evening, using orange thread for the quilting, and the quilt as you go method. I love the contrast of the orange stitches on the white fabric, plus the black and white fabric I used for the binding is perfect.
Happy Halloween to you! I hope you have made some wonderful memories this Halloween season. I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: