Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time...

...of the year! I love fall, or autumn; October to be exact. It has always been my favorite time of the year. When I was a kid I planned for months in advance what I wanted to be for Halloween. I loved helping my mom decorate at the beginning of October, helping my aunt rake leaves (we didn't have any big trees in my neighborhood when I was growing up), and crunching in leaves that had fallen onto the sidewalk. I love the cooler weather which means my new (or digging out old) clothes, and jackets and scarves. I love how it gets darker faster, and comfort foods, especially my mom's apple pie!
I met my husband in October too, at a Halloween party to be exact. And, we were married in October, on a beautiful fall day, with gorgeous autumn colors and wonderful family and friends. This is the best month!

To go along with my favorite month, my whole house gets a makeover. Every inch of our home is decorated in spooky, creepy, macabre and fun Halloween decor. Most of our decorations are homemade, or very cheap since I have decorated the whole house. To go along with my decorations, this year I added little bits of the Ghastlies. I used the scraps from making my Ghastlies quilt to make decorative balls for our candle holder on our coffee table. This coffee table item was a gift from a food friend when we moved into our home, and it gets a new look every month or so. So here is a glimpse at my Halloween balls, for lack of a better name, made with some glue, fabric scraps and Styrofoam balls.
And hopefully soon, I will finish quilting my Ghastlies and you will get to meet them, along with other shots of our decorations, which may take a long time. :)

No comments: