Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just In: Freshly Squeezed Blocks




After getting back from class tonight I checked my mailbox...waiting for me was a package filled with 36 very ORANGE crazy nine patch blocks! I was so excited to open the envelope and see all the fabulous work done by the 29 other quilters in our block swap. Here they are:
My plan for the quilt is to make smaller crazy nine-patch blocks out of the fabric I used to make my blocks (because I went crazy and bought like 5 yards of orange fabric!) Then lay them out randomly on a white background.
I can either make one large quilt, a lap quilt using some of the blocks on the back or I could make more than one. I was thinking maybe make a lap quilt and then also a baby quilt to sell, we'll see.

In other quilting news, I have gotten 2 rows of my mom's quilt finished for Mother's Day in the last 2 weeks. Two rows out of 14, with only 3 1/2 weeks to go, at this rate I might have the quilt finished for Father's Day. :)

No comments: