Sunday, April 17, 2011

Square in a square in a square

I just finished my first set of blocks for my quilting bee: Bee There or Bee Squares.

Sandi choose Jenean Morrison’s California Dreamin' fabric, which is beautiful! This was a super easy block to make too, using Sandi's tutorial found here. My only problem was getting the finished block to be 9.5". For some reason my super great 1/4" inseam was not so super today. (I had to take apart my first block and redo it.) Maybe it is because I wanted to stay in bed and read all day on this gloomy and chilly day. I am reading my guilty pleasure: the Sookie Stackhouse novels because the newest one comes out May 3rd and I wanted to re-read the first 10 before I buy my copy. I am also really excited for the new season of True Blood this July. :)

No comments: