Monday, June 6, 2011

School's out for SUMMER

My three week class is over! It was a fun class, Multicultural Education, quick and easy too. Now I have nearly 3 months to enjoy the hot, humid Nebraska summer with NO homework. I plan to quilt, read, camp, quilt, hike, read, quilt....it is going to be fabulous.
I didn't get much quilting done during my class. However I did find some time to make a little something for my baby, Penny. Her water and food dishes needed a little something to spruce them up.....so  I made her a quilted towel "mat."
I used a few of my favorite prints from Max and Whiskers by Basic Grey as well as some coordinating prints and a few with a coffee theme to match our kitchen. I used a towel for the back/batting to absorb the spilling water...Penny is not so neat.

I also had time to make a little something for my water bottle. It is getting hot, we had a very cool spring (very cool) but as usual it didn't last long. I made this koozie after making the one for my aunt's bridal shower. I used Insul-Bright on this one to help keep my water cool on the playground at work as well as my bike rides home. The Insul-Bright worked pretty well, and all my kids kept asking me "what is that?" and "did you make that?" and my favorite "did your mom help you make it?"

I love to ride my bike instead of drive during the nice months....today was 98 degrees, not too bad. :) So I added some bike fabric to the inside and half the outer side, and then I did the patch work with some scraps. It is so bright and cheery and I love how cute my water bottle is now.
Right now, literally. I am working on a small baby quilt for a co-worker's baby shower on Saturday, it is very fun. I am also working on my quilting bee block for June. So back to my quilting, before bed. Our first field trip of the summer is tomorrow....I am sure I will be tired when I get home. :)

No comments: