Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bee There or Bee Squares

I joined my first virtual quilting bee back in March. Another member of Bee There or Bee Squares changed jobs and had too much on her plate so she found me to replace her. It works out perfect because this quilting bee is over in September, just in time for me to focus on the 12 credits I will be taking this fall while working full time and doing my internship. (yikes!) August is my month, and I am so excited to have these lovely ladies make me blocks to create this quilt that I am in love with! My quilt is going to be 60" square. Since I am adding 3 more color blocks, I am adding grey and more brown as well. Here is the plan for my quilt:
 I sure wish I had a fabric cutter to cut all these 2.5" squares! Here they are in baggies ready for my fellow BTOBS quilters:


I would love for them to add their own squares to the block as well, to make them even more scrappy. Since this is my first quilting bee I am have made signature blocks to go on the back of the quilt. There is a block to coordinate with the color of block each member gets:
 Here are my three blocks I have made, and I am going to work on the white blocks along with another quilt this month (maybe 2 if I can find time.) I can't wait to get these back and put this quilt together!


No comments: