Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let's Go Huskers!


I made this little Taggie blanket for one of my closest friends. We have known each other for 12 years and her little man, Patrick is four months old this month. I made them a Dr. Seuss baby quilt earlier in the year, and love seeing photos of Patrick using it on Facebook.
They moved to Colorado (Husker fans in the Rocky Mountains) so baby Patrick needs a little something to play with on Husker Game days. I hope he likes it!
I made these using the crazy nine patch tutorial here....I have eight more of these blocks now. I guess I will have to make more Taggies (too bad you can't sell taggies on etsy!) or I could make myself a Husker quilt for this fall.
And along with the Huskers...my sewing machine is having a little holiday at a local sewing machine dealer/repair shop: Husker Sew and Vac. The wonderful service people are going to clean her up and fix my tension problem for me. :)

2 comments:

Marglow said...

I thought you were a newbie quilter!? Your stuff is awesome! I wouldn't have ever known! (Saw your comment on another blog ;-).

Mamma said...

Patrick loves his taggie! And so do I! We miss you guys so much! Thought any more of moving???? :)